Caryn Schafer – illustrating a life of non sequiturs
Hello, I’m Caryn: a wife, mom, book addict, blogger, Instagram overloader, and an illustrator. I grew up in the Midwest, went to school and started married life in the South and I currently live in NYC with my husband and two small daughters. Books are my weakness. I possess way more than a person should, especially in a small apartment! I adore the color green, stripes, polka dots, and tiny books. I am the illustrator of Not So Scary Jerry by Shelley Kinder and A Star Full of Sky by Raven Howell.
Articles & Interviews with Caryn
- Design Mom ‘Living with Kids’ interview 1
- Design Mom ‘Living with Kids’ interview 2
- Clear Fork Publishing Illustration video interview
- Not So Scary Jerry Kirkus Review
- Illustration Spotlight on Clear Fork Publishing
- A Star Full of Sky Readers’ Favorite Book Review
- A Star Full of Sky The Children’s Book Review
Ten non-sequiturs about Caryn
- I am known for making comments that appear to be non-sequiturs, but make perfect sense in my head.
- I crawled backwards when I was a baby.
- I almost always have a song going through my head,
even in dreams.
- I’ve played the piano since I was 6.
- I love birthdays.
- I was home-schooled 3rd-12th grade because
I was allergic to my school’s air conditioning system.
- I love coffee ice cream.
- I have seen the movie You’ve Got Mail over 150 times
- I love jazz music.
- I can sing the alphabet backwards very fast.